2nd Social Studies
Unit 3: Urban, Suburban, and Rural Communities
Essential Question: How are communities the same and different?
Unit Planning Overview
- What are the three types of communities and what are their features?
- How does the use of natural resources shape the way a community develops?
- How are the activities in rural, urban, and suburban communities different and how are they the same?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in each type of community?
- Why do people move from one community to another?
- How are rural, urban, and suburban communities similar and how are they different? advantage disadvantage migration geography population community develops?
- What are population and population density and how do they relate to each type of community?
- How are transportation systems in each community similar and how are they different?
Connected Academic Vocabulary
population density, urban, rural, suburban, community, transportation, traditions, diversity, advantage, disadvantage, migration, geography, population