Middle School Resources
The middle school process for the 2019-2020 school year will be available in early October, and the application deadline will be December 2.
Welcome to the Middle School resources page. Once the middle school application is open, you can sign up or complete a MySchools application. The first week of October, families will receive a welcome letter from the DOE in the mail containing their PIN number, which they can use to create their MySchools profile.
Come to the District 31 Middle School Fair to learn about the application process and explore school options in your district.
When: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 | 5:00-7:30pm
Where: New Dorp High School
465 New Dorp Lane, Staten Island, NY 10306
The DOE is revising the middle school admissions process for Fall 2020 enrollment based on feedback from families and schools. These improvements will make admissions simpler for school staff and families:
- One Main Application Round: Families will apply using a single application (October–December), and receive a single school offer in March.
- Waitlists: Middle schools will begin using waitlists to fill any vacant seats by contacting and making offers to families (March–September). There will be no appeals round.
- Family Welcome Center Support (FWC): Families will be able to visit a FWC for enrollment support as soon as offers are released (March–ongoing).
Use the NYC MySchools link to apply to middle school by December 2, 2019 .
- The middle school application will open in October.
- Once the application opens, you'll be invited to create a MySchools account and complete a personalized online application. Your child can apply to up to 12 middle school programs.